Have you ever thought about where your food comes from? Have you thought about the processes and the people involved with getting it to your plate?
In our Season 2 premiere, CareerTech Horizon takes a dive into Oklahoma agriculture, the challenges the industry faces and the new opportunities for people to get involved in it.
- State Agriculture Secretary Blayne Arthur gives us a look at the industry and how it fared during the pandemic.
- John Patrick Lopez of Lopez Foods tells us about food processing. Some things changed with technology, but he still needs hard-working people, too.
- OSU’s Cynda Clary takes us through the many jobs available in agriculture, many of which don’t involve farm work.
- CareerTech’s Scott Nemecek explains how they are training the next generation of ag workers.
- Nikki Snider of the Oklahoma Pork Council works to bridge the gap between farmers and consumers.
You can subscribe to our podcast on Apple, Spotify, Google, TuneIn or Stitcher or ask your smart speaker to play “CareerTech Horizon.”
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @CT_Horizon, or on Facebook to stay up to date with this ongoing project. Visit our website for show notes, episode trailers and bonus content “Beyond Your Horizon” at http://cthorizon.org