Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:20 — 28.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
When is the last time you thought about what goes into keeping power going to your home, uninterrupted?
Oklahoma’s thriving and evolving energy industry can be found in many forms. Whether it’s oil, gas, hydroelectricric, wind, or solar energy, careers in this field can be lucrative and rewarding, but with a growing gap for skilled labor around the state, energy leaders hope more students sign on to technical programs to keep things going.
In this episode:
- We travel the state to hear from energy leaders on the challenges they are facing, and the new programs in place to help alleviate the energy skills gap.
- We profile two students from very different backgrounds, and who are training for two very different jobs, but are ultimately working for the same goal.
- We climb hundreds of feet to get a good view of the wind energy industry, and learn about the technical and safety demands of the job.
- Listen in on a panel discussion, as Oklahoma’s energy experts discuss what the industry will change in the coming years, while other parts stay the same.
You can follow us on Twitter @CT_Horizon, or find us on Facebook.
You can also visit our website, cthorizon.org, for show notes, discussion and bonus content, “Beyond Your Horizon.”
Beyond Your Horizon: Learn more about today’s stories
Governor’s Energy Week and Energy Cluster Launch
Wind Energy Taking Oklahoma By Storm
- Virtual OEIP Wind Energy Panel (VIDEO)
- Upcoming OEIP Events/Regstration
- CT Horizon Episode 5: “Growing Partnerships,” discussing OEIP in detail
A Chat with Oklahoma’s Energy Experts
Classic Oklahoma Horizon Stories
- Wind Tower Technician Training (2013)
- Skilled Workers – Just In Time (2014)
- Discussing Oklahoma’s Rapid Workforce Development Program
- Oklahoma’s Solar Industry Future (2011)
- Skilled Labor in High Demand (2010)